|Hiring Organization||Trading Technologies International, Inc|
|Post Name||STAFF ACCOUNTANT|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 27 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60606|
Trading Technologies is looking to add a Staff Accountant to our Chicago office. This position will be part of our corporate Finance team, assisting in supporting the day-to-day activities of TT’s accounting functions.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on an interdepartmental level, supporting processes for the global organization, which currently includes the US, UK, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Australia, and Brazil.
This position is required to partner with all levels/disciplines within the organization so excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are a must. The selected individual must work well with others and be dependable, self-motivating, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Reconcile daily cash bank balances and prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist with the monthly close, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and other items as needed
- Process fixed asset purchases
- Serve as backup for Accounts Payable activities
- Serve as backup for employee expense report processing
- Serve as backup for global procurement
- Assist with annual global audits
- Assist with monthly customer billing process as needed
- Assist with the implementation and testing of new or upgraded systems
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 3+ years of industry work experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Proficiency in Excel
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets desired
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. The role will require interaction with multiple departments and external vendors and customers
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to quickly address and rectify any errors
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through abilities
- Ability to successfully manage and complete multiple projects in a timely manner
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k), and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, a robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents), and backup child care as well as tutoring services
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships, and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs, or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, a culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech and a committee dedicated to making TT a great place to work for everyone
- The office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation
Trading Technologies (TT) creates professional trading software, infrastructure, and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers, and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender orientation, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for US offices.