Accounting Assistant II
|Hiring Organization||Gunda Corporation LLC an Ardurra Group Company|
|Post Name||Accounting Assistant II|
|Qualification||High School or better in Accounting.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77079|
Assist with all general accounting duties.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly
- Provide 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist in month-end closing
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred, and 8+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 products with an emphasis on Excel
- Familiarity with Deltek preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis, and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding but also fun.
We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurturing a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We’re not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
- High School or better in Accounting.