|Hiring Organization||174 Power Global|
|Post Name||Accounting Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77056|
174 Power Global, headquartered in Irvine, California, is an affiliate company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm that is among the eight largest business enterprises in South Korea. 174 Power Global designs, builds, and manages solar power plant solutions.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes, and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for local energy markets.
174 Power Global offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from power plant development, design, construction, operations, and maintenance. With proven capabilities across the solar value chain, 174 Power Global minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in solar energy.
174 Power Global has recently embarked to enter the energy retail market in deregulated markets throughout North America. Chariot Energy is a retail energy provider based in Houston, Texas.
We offer electricity to homes and businesses, and it is our goal to provide products and services our customers love and an unmatched experience that is missing in today’s retail energy market.
The Accounting Manager will manage general accounting matters at the corporate finance department and is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, which includes developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
This position is required to meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer of Chariot Energy, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Houston, Texas, and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance of the Houston office location.
- Oversee and perform the full cycle accounting process for financial statement preparation and annual audit;
- Oversee and perform the full cycle process for the monthly budget setting and budget-actual comparison analysis;
- Research accounting guidance to analyze significant and/or complex, non-recurring transactions;
- Develop and produce ongoing internal reports to assist management and executive teams;
- Collaborate across departments to facilitate financial understanding and financial implications of decisions;
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close, including support for bi-annual reviews and year-end audits;
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all financial information, including variance analysis and various non-routine reports;
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payment transactions;
- Works closely with non-U.S.-based parent companies, subsidiaries, and other affiliated companies;
- Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department;
- Manage cash flows, review and approve cash/borrowing reports;
- Assist with the review of various legal agreements to understand the accounting and financial implications;
- Manage AP invoice flow and process invoices;
- Prepare ACH and wire transactions;.
- Compile and submit employee expense reimbursements;
- Assist with filing local taxes;
- Provide training to new and existing staff, as needed; and
- Perform all other duties and special projects, as assigned by the management team.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, preferred
- Experience in the retail electricity industry preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or another business-related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of financial reporting or the equivalent;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Experience using SAP preferred;
- Experience in a Big 4 CPA firm, preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly;
- Strong, self-motivated team player; and
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
Chariot Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.