Contract Administration Specialist
|Hiring Organization||EDF Energy North America|
|Post Name||Contract Administration Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77002|
Job title: Contract Administration Specialist
EDF Trading North America, LLC
EDF Trading North America, LLC is a major participant in wholesale energy markets, and our retail business delivers customized energy solutions for large commercial and industrial consumers, power generation, and retail energy providers.
We operate in every market and provide coast-to-coast coverage of financial and physical products in power, natural gas and NGLs, environmental products, and financial crude oil products. We provide our customers with products and services that deliver access to markets, optimize their energy portfolio, hedge risk, and manage assets.
Our Wholesale Business operates throughout the value chain in the North American wholesale power markets and we are one of the leading wholesale natural gas marketers. Additionally, we provide environmental, congestion management, and value-added derivative products.
With extensive pipeline agreements, we can manage natural gas offtakes, deliveries, capacities, and supply anywhere across the continent. For Our Retail Business, we provide wholesale fuel supply and structured products for its extensive base of electricity and natural gas customers including gas-fired power plants, large-scale commercial and industrial retail consumers, and retail energy aggregators.
Our Retail Business is our customer-facing operation providing integrated energy management services to commercial and industrial, power generation, and retail supply customers.
Taking into account a customer’s entire energy portfolio, solutions are structured to provide competitive market pricing and optimize energy usage and generation assets. We offer a complete suite of services to energy-intensive retail customers, from energy supply and hedging to on-site generation management and demand response.
And we provide wholesale market access and ISO interface services to a broad network of retail energy providers with footprints across the deregulated markets. For power generation customers, we provide energy management services that encompass fuel supply, scheduling, dispatch, market analysis, and risk management all within a single contract.
Focused on service, we created a digital integrated platform and customer interface that allows transparent views into energy portfolios and invoices, market prices, analytics, and weather. EDF Trading North America, LLC is part of the EDF Group, a global leader in low-carbon energies.
The Contract Administration Specialist assists with legal and financial terms in wholesale energy trading contracts and is responsible for handling all stages of the contract process from initial drafting to execution serving as the primary liaison with the Front Office and the key point of contact with counterparties, Legal department, Accounting/Confirmations department, and Credit department.
- Lead role in negotiation and execution of all contractual agreements, including commodity contracts, guarantees, long-form confirmations, transportation and storage agreements, amendments, confidentiality agreements, leases, IT Subscription, vendor and other miscellaneous agreements
- Supports legal and commercial teams in handling transactional matters including initial review and comments on trading agreements.
- Assists with the maintenance of company form agreements, such as NDAs, ISDAs, EEIs, NAESBs, and related transactional agreements.
- Assist legal counsel with maintaining the integrity of form agreements.
- Supports legal and commercial teams in handling structured transactional matters
- Participates in strategic initiatives as needed including preparing and organizing documents, providing due diligence support, data room management, and liaising with third parties.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Experience in contract review to ensure proper interpretation, tracking, and implementation of key terms and conditions of contracts.
- 10 years of contract administration or negotiation for wholesale gas and power trading / or retail C&I, demonstrating proficiency in natural gas or power industry agreements (NAESB, ISDA, GasEDI, and EEI).
- Solid understanding of natural gas or power trading activities, including transportation and storage contracting
- Experience working as part of a fluid team, leveraging different skill sets and serving as back-up, and relying on others for backup on daily work product
- Experience managing workflow of trading contract negotiations
- Understanding of front-to-back trading processes and functional accountabilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced trading environment with frequent changes in priorities and tight deadlines
- Understanding of contractual credit risk management provisions
- Ability to draft structured (long-form) natural gas and power confirmations, evidenced by experience with non-standard contracts.
- Proficiency with Energy Trading Transaction Management Systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Leadership skills
- Proactive working style, continually seeking to improve processes and support business growth
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with common legal terminology.
- Must be able to uphold the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Notary certification is a plus
Note: EDF is an EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EDF participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. EDF is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EDF via email, or the Internet.
Or directly to hiring managers at EDF in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EDF. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EDF.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information.
Unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.