|Hiring Organization||Sysco Houston – Wholesale Restaurant Food Supplies|
|Post Name||Administrative Assistant|
|Qualification||High school diploma required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3000 To USD 4000 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77077|
- Provide administrative support to the department as required.
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate filing systems as needed. This will include, but not be limed to attendance records/ transfers, expense reports, customer complaints/ requests, vendor/ supplier contract information, purchase orders, projects, budgets, travel schedules, etc.
- Create and distribute correspondence (memos, letters, presentations, etc.).
- Arrange travel accommodations.
- Answer telephone calls and take messages.
- Open and distribute incoming mail.
- Copy and fax as needed.
- Prepare express mail as needed.
- Other administrative/ secretarial duties as required.
- High school diploma required.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional secretarial experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) certification is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Can add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several discrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Project).
- Knowledge of tables, formatting, formulas, clipart/ graphics, presentations, macros, database development, project tracking, etc.
- Excellent word-processing skills (50 – 60 wpm) and business writing ability, plus accurate and precise proofreading skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, attention to detail, and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and capable of working with little direct supervision.
- Will communicate with all levels (Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Directors of all Sysco operating companies and staff levels).
- Profit plan preparation as required.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to sit.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus for typing from copy, filing, pulling various files, and delivering mail and correspondence.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that accommodation is needed.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
- The job may require possible travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Corporate office staff, operating company staff, suppliers, and customers.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW DO WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in food service distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, or religion.
Ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law. This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliates.