Manager, Airport Customer Operations
|Hiring Organization||American Airlines|
|Post Name||Manager, Airport Customer Operations|
|Qualification||High School Degree or GED equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3500 To USD 6500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 11430|
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself.
As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Hubs and Gateways Team, within the Customer Experience Division.
- Responsible for the efficient use of resources to ensure operational performance. Ensure enforcement of all company and departmental procedures, including safety and security.
What you’ll do
- Develops employees
- Implements methods of maximizing revenue and controlling expenses
- Oversees day-to-day customer service operations
- Solicits ideas and/or feedback from employees and accepts accountability for follow-through
- Communicates procedural changes to Customer Service Managers, supervisors, and employees and ensures compliance
- Monitors and measures on-time performance
- Identifies areas/individuals which require improvement; develops and implements methods to increase/improve performance
- Develops and enhances the working relationship with vendors, ensuring all parties perform their responsibilities properly
- Ensures all internal audit requirements are followed and accountable for compliance
- Reviews staffing requirements and schedules for all department employees, ensure adjustments are made as needed
- Conducts grievance hearings and serves as a grievance hearing officer as required
- Interprets the company’s policies in a professional and positive manner to all customers
- Assists Directors with Customer Service Manager interviews and selections
- Aids/guides the development of Customer Service Managers and supervisory staff
- Shift work-including nights, weekends, and holidays
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School Degree or GED equivalent
- 3 years’ airline supervisory experience
- 3 years of airport operations experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Possess a valid US Driver’s License
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented, a team player
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and effective approach to high-stress situations
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family, and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription, and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources, and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program is available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance, and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises, and more.
Feel Free to be yourself in American
From the team members, we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities, and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.