Software Development Engineer
|Post Name||Software Development Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 158100 To USD 213800 Per Year|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60007|
Are you looking for a new opportunity that is customer-facing and can impact and lead the industry in modern cloud architectures, design, and modern development practices?
The AWS Professional Services Customer Engineering (CE) team accelerates AWS’ largest enterprise customers by developing and delivering production-ready custom software and infrastructure.
We are looking for customer-obsessed Software Engineers to join us to develop new, challenging cloud-native software and infrastructure for our customers as well as help convey Amazon development practices to them.
The ideal candidate loves to learn and invent. As members of AWS Professional Services, we are not stewards of a single service, but of the entire AWS platform and keeping abreast of the ever-widening stream of platform improvements and new services.
The candidate should have a good understanding of OO software design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture, preferably in Java, Python, and/or Node, but also be willing to learn and be curious as necessary. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at a massive scale and in a DevOps environment, is very applicable and helpful.
This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to the customer’s location when needed. The high-level estimate for travel is 20%.
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed. We understand the importance of work-life harmony and offer flexibility in how you structure your work to suit your life commitments while adhering to core office hours
Mentorship & Career growth.
We are committed to supporting new team members in learning, growing, and delivering their best, with help and support from tenured Amazonians with a broad mix of skills and experiences.
We are fortunate to have opportunities to work with a wide variety of AWS customers spanning industries and domains, understanding their business needs and how to solve them with software engineering, experimenting quickly, and launching to production using Amazon’s best practices and native AWS software development.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally.
We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the design and analysis of algorithms and data structures that will operate at a potentially global scale.
- Proficiency in the DevOps style of software deployment
- Proficiency in developing software in a cloud-native environment
- Knowledge of Application Security principles and how they impact the development and deployment of applications.
- Experience handing off and supporting maintainable code artifacts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical trials
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Experience with Cloud Operational Excellence practices
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
- Regular and Reduced Time (F, R) jobs based in New York City and the surrounding vicinity (including the 5 boroughs – Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island) or US virtual jobs that could be performed in New York City.
The pay range for this position in New York City is $158,100- 213,800/yr; however, the base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on the market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- Regular and Reduced Time (F, R)* jobs based in Colorado and virtual jobs where work can be performed in Colorado:
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,700-194,400/yr; however, the base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on the market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.