Senior Financial Analyst
|Post Name||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Qualification||An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77001|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the North America Commercial Sales, finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing divisions within Amazon and to help build the foundation for a rapidly growing North America Field Finance organization.
Key job responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
- Produce month-end commentary and analysis on key drivers for topline and bottom-line performance, risks and opportunities, and recommendations for improvement.
- Develop & maintain effective business partnerships throughout short- and long-term financial planning cycles. Partner with services finance and sales leadership to build a bottom-up operating plan and establish key initiatives to achieve topline and bottom-line targets.
- Deliver analysis and recommendations to enhance field productivity, accelerate growth, improve processes, identify new key metrics, and communicate best practices.
- Build models to measure the impact of past initiatives, assess the feasibility of new ideas, and support decision-making.
- Validate and improve controllership functions. This includes but is not limited to reporting accuracy, area training, customer past due balances, private pricing agreements, non-standard discounts or deal terms, and quality of writing.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with excellent modeling skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interactions with the sales leadership team and therefore requires effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Experience building and managing Excel models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and decision support
- Experience manipulating data using SQL or similar tools
- Experience in a business partnering role
- Experience working independently, meeting tight deadlines, and being a self-starter in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience influencing decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
- Experience improving processes, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.