|Post Name||Logistics Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3000 To USD 5000 Per Month|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78245|
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph. This position is located in San Antonio, Texas.
Logistics Specialists monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support build and repair activities in our data centers. They receive parts, verify inventory, and own chain-of-custody processes for Data Center Technicians and Engineers.
They will also be responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations. Specialists should be comfortable and willing to regularly drive a variety of motorized vehicles, including box trucks up to 26′ in length.
Due to interstate operating authority commerce regulations, candidates must be at least 21 years or older. Candidates must hold a valid state-appropriate driver’s license, and be able to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF), and or a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
The candidate must obtain & maintain a DOT Med Card and be eligible to drive in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements. This position involves frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling of materials and products.
Logistics Specialists will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of the company. They must also maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of all workspaces.
Preferred candidates will have experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment, as well as experience and knowledge of reverse logistics processes. This future Amazonian must possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
Physical / Environmental Demands
- Requires standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Typically work is in a warehouse environment where the noise level is loud.
- Occasionally work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate.
- Occasionally assist in loading and unloading shipments.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold or hot weather.
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 40 pounds and carry them for short distances.
- Willing to participate in group lifts of 41 pounds or more.
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Noise level varies and can be loud
- Temperatures between 40 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degree
- Minimum of 2 years of logistics experience, preferably in a warehouse environment
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Minimum of 6 months experience driving box trucks up to 26’ in length
- Minimum of 6 months experience operating a forklift or similar type of powered lifting equipment
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience using a computerized Inventory Management System (IMS)
- Strong understanding of shipping & receiving, inventory, and warehousing practices.
- Be able to demonstrate process improvement and operational efficiencies.