|Hiring Organization||American Airlines|
|Post Name||Supervisor, Planning|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience/training|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3500 To USD 4500 Per Month|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75261|
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself.
As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Planning Team within the Integrated Operations Team.
Responsible for providing direct supervision to Planners regarding company policy/procedures. Coordinates with Maintenance, Maintenance Control, Material Planning, and other Technical Operation Departments to maintain an executable bill of work while taking into account service, and critical aircraft. This job also ensures Planners effectively manage station requirements and forecasted workload requirements preventing unscheduled out-of-service events.
What you’ll do
- Provides leadership, direction, and development to the Planner to ensure they are accountable for their duties, responsibilities, and actions to identify, communicate, and solve problems within the area
- Assists with defining the strategy, goals, objectives, and requirements for the departments
- Ensures Planners are determining the most effective actions including:
- Promotes serviceability, airworthiness, and effective execution of the aircraft maintenance program
- Responsible for employee schedules
- Manages sick and vacation time, overtime, and OSHA Occupational Injury Reports
- Manages program and records
- Advises employees of all procedural changes and provides information relating to their job by use of crew meetings
- Responsible for on-the-job training of employees and recommends and/or implementing work simplification systems
- Administers the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Promotes harmonious working relationships within the department
- Leads the workforce
- Evaluates performance and provide feedback
- Conducts probationary progress reports on all new employees during their probationary period to advise them of their progress and performance
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of experience in an Aircraft Maintenance Planning environment
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 3 years experience in Aircraft Operational environment
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Working knowledge of Maintenance Planning Systems (SCEPTRE, AMPS)
- Ability to navigate and work with AA Web based systems (ASOM, AMPS, SAFE, APC)
- Ability to work with employees that are covered by a union collective bargaining agreement
- Understanding of current Maintenance processes including MEL and Deferral process
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in stressful situations during peak operations
- Must be able to work various shifts (days, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays) in a 24/7 environment
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family, and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription, and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources, and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program is available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other fantastic benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance, and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises, and more.
Feel Free to be yourself in American
From the team members, we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities, and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.