Senior Project Architect
|Post Name||Senior Project Architect|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 7000 To USD 8000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10018|
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental, and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that.
We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts, and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. Those ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Project Architect, we’ll count on you to:
- Lead a multidiscipline team and perform layout and detailing on architectural projects
- Independently coordinate work of a multidiscipline team through multiple phases of a project
- Establish owner/client and internal meetings, and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct work sessions at the project site in conjunction with the Project Manager and other disciplines
- The coordinate workload of team members through multiple phases to complete documents on schedule
- Review architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
- Perform QA/QC and technical reviews
- Write and edit architectural specifications
- Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, CPRs, and change orders
- Incorporate agreed-upon changes into project documents
- Lead projects in a dual management role as needed
- Provide construction contract administration as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or closely related field. Master’s degree in Architecture
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Registered Architect
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
- Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
- Must have experience in preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications
- Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must
- Experience in the areas of healthcare, education, civic, science, and research facilities
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, and 3-D Studio Max but not required.
- Rhino and Grasshopper experience
- Preference is given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for it’s also about what you do and how you do it. When you join HDR, we give you a license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible.