Senior Art Director
|Post Name||Senior Art Director|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 45 To USD 50 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60606|
Edelman is looking for a Senior Art Director to help us make things that culture will love. Our growing creative teams are the masterminds behind some of the world’s most talked about work.
Whether we’re teaming up with RZA to replace an outdated and racist ice cream jingle, fighting for intersectional environmental justice with TAZO Tea, or creating a hotel for the world’s most devoted Taco Bell fans, the work we create is designed to capture attention and get people talking.
It’s not enough to be culturally relevant—our briefs demand that we change the culture around us. Now we need a strong Senior Art Director with a sharp eye for design who can help unlock more of those weird, wild ideas.
What kind of creative work will you do? We’re glad you asked. Because our work doesn’t really fit inside any kind of standard PR/Advertising/Communications/Marketing box, there’s no “standard” creative brief here.
We’re the kind of creative department that works on the visual direction for a brand anthem video in the morning, switches over around lunchtime to concept a stunt that’ll hijack culture, and ends our day by workshopping design elements in social content. And that’s just a Monday.
So, if you’re looking to come up with ideas that go beyond the 30-second spot – the kind of ideas that end up in the pages of the New York Times and on the One Show shortlist – you’ll be in good company here.
To land this gig, you need to have a passion for people and helping others solve problems. Our culture is what sets us apart from traditional ad agencies, and it’s why so many stay with us for a while. At Edelman, our most valuable resource is you – our people – with a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, and smarts (with heart). We support one another, encourage each other, and we’re looking for individuals who want to contribute to our culture.
- High-level concepting, tactical program ideation, and design for a wide range of brand experiences, social content, and marketing deliverables that generate conversation and brand engagement
- Taking an active interest in healthcare and developing a sound knowledge of clients’ products and target audiences
- Crafting healthcare content in innovative ways
- Owning the brand style for our clients across all channels, maintaining a consistent look and feel
- Creating branded social content that is insightful, culturally relevant, and inherently sharable
- The presentation of creative ideas and the strategic rationale behind them
- Collaborating with agency team members from creative, account, production, PR, strategy, planning, and analytics to produce smart, powerful work
- 3 – 5 years of art direction experience in marketing, advertising, or social media (this can include experience as a full-time employee and internship experiences)
- Experience, ingenuity, and a passion for the healthcare space
- A BFA in Fine Arts, Advertising, or Graphic Design, or relevant experience, and a portfolio demonstrating strong layout and composition skills, and a keen eye for typography and motion
- A professional level knowledge of industry-standard design software and tools including the Adobe Creative Suite
- A willingness to push your craft and get your hands dirty in the process of making great things
- Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels
- A natural flare for the unique, the buzz-worthy, and the culturally relevant
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A belief that the best work in this whole damn industry can be (and often has been) for healthcare clients