Audio Visual Engineer
|Hiring Organization||Paladin Technologies|
|Post Name||Audio Visual Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 66100 To USD 83700 Per Year|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 92064|
The Audio-Visual Engineer works closely with end users, Engineering Managers, Sales, AV technicians, third-party architecture and engineering firms, and vendors to design and evaluate audiovisual systems.
Designs are typically targeted to meeting and presentation rooms, video conferencing rooms, and auditoriums for applications, including presentations, interactive collaboration, video/audio conferencing, digital signage, streaming video, and master control centers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Engage end user in gathering requirements and analyzing to provide design and architectural recommendations as it relates to AV systems.
- Develop pre-sale design documentation, including Estimates, Bill of Materials, and Quotations.
- Create single-line drawings of Audio-Visual systems.
- Create top-view equipment layouts, elevations, and mounting details.
- Provide top-level technical support for field technicians’ on-site troubleshooting.
- Assist with developing, organizing, and maintaining standard operating procedures (including regular maintenance requirements) and workflow processes and procedures for AV systems.
- Assist in the mentorship and growth of others within the department.
- Create documentation for testing and validation of the AV systems.
- Maintain relevant and current knowledge and be a leader within the assigned technical field.
- Provide technical consultations as needed.
- Attend department meetings.
- As needed, attend onsite customer design/coordination meetings.
- Provide documents and drawings for job packages estimated to ensure that Operations has all information needed to perform the Scope of Work. Sign off on Contract Check-Off List after reviewing the job package.
- Reviews job packages thoroughly to ensure all documents, drawings, etc. have been included by other estimators to ensure that Operations has all information needed to perform the Scope of Work. Initial the job package after review.
- Perform Kick-Off meetings with Operations to ensure all necessary “scope of work” information has been passed on to the Project Manager/Supervisor.
- Manage current house accounts with utmost attention to improving customer retention.
- Provide support for existing or potential customers with the utmost professionalism at all times whether on the phone or in person.
- Assign and track multiple-trade estimates being performed by self and other employees. Validate that each trade’s Scope of Work does not overlap and validate that all Scopes of Work have been accurately quoted.
- Creating design documentation including but not limited to single lines, equipment layouts, elevations, mounting details, speaker studies, viewing angle studies, camera view studies, and power/heat load calculations.
- Supporting project supervisors with technical direction and field changes
- 4+ years of experience in AV design and field implementation.
- Solid foundation implementing and supporting NVX/DM, BSS System Architect, Q-Sys, Biamp, Cisco, Polycom, Extron, Crestron, and other AV technologies including but not limited to display technologies, analog/digital signal distribution, AV streaming, asset management, room scheduling, control systems, etc.
- Knowledge of IT and Network requirements for Dante, AVB, Cobranet, and AVoIP systems.
- CTS Certification is required (negotiable).
- CTS-I or D Certification is a plus
Demonstrated Professional Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of audio-visual systems.
- Have the ability to prioritize work efforts and multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to prioritize and work independently. This position is an in-office role, with the availability to work hybrid (office and home).
- Highly technical, with the ability to evaluate situations, utilizing logical and decisive reasoning.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently without intensive oversight – must be a go-getter and take initiative on a regular basis finding ways to avoid problems proactively rather than just fixing them after the fact.
- Initiative and ability to research product functionality and dependencies to ensure specified equipment operate cohesively.
- Emphasis on sharing knowledge through good communications, peer training, and written documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required).
- Focused on quality.
- Committed to continual improvement.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, walk, sit, push, pull, squat, crawl, and stoop. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on the keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, work on job sites, may be required to travel to and from job site locations, may work in a typical office environment, and is occasionally exposed to construction equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted, and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate
Paladin Technologies offers a strong compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance, 401k, PTO and paid sick leave, training, and certification opportunities, and more.
This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-668-1705 to speak with Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request.
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of IP-based Integrated Security, Audio-Visual, and Data Networking systems, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are a multi-national company with a local feel that operates across Canada, the western US, and Texas. The experts that makeup Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and rewarding careers.
Visit our website and social media pages for more info:
Company Website Facebook LinkedIn
We thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paladin Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.