|Post Name||Teller I|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77005|
The Teller I processes customer account transactions as well as customer services such as sales of official checks.
Specific Job Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Is responsible for comprehensive, prompt, and efficient customer transactions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement and enters deposits into computer records.
- Assists in the bank-by-mail function.
- Issues traveler’s checks and official checks.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amount to the computer-generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Cash checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification.
- Cross-sells financial institution services.
- Receives loan and other payments ensuring that the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer.
- Places hold on accounts for uncollected funds
- Counts, checks, and packages coins and currency.
- Is responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on financial institution’s forms.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six months to one year of cash handling experience.
- Good interpersonal communication, organizational and computer skills, and ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and typewriters.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/ Disabled