Commercial Banking Specialist
|Hiring Organization||Commerce Bank – Commercial Banking Office|
|Post Name||Commercial Banking Specialist|
|Qualification||An associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 35 To USD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75201|
About Working at Commerce
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank.
We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills, and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 155 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
The main purpose of this job is to provide support to a team of commercial calling officers and portfolio managers that service diverse and complex commercial relationships. The position will also interact with customers on a daily basis regarding service and support issues with a resulting high level of customer satisfaction.
- Serve as primary contact for loan portfolio issues and provide support to middle and upper-level department colleagues
- Contact customers, resolve account issues, and process paydowns/advances
- Assist with the preparation of closing documentation, including complex and legally prepared documents
- Coordinate new openings, overdrafts, and wire transfers for Account Officers
- Review documentation exceptions for assigned Officers
- Contact customers to receive updated financial information
- Assist in the preparation of Loan Committee materials and other management reports
- Maintain routine customer correspondence, filing, and other departmental documentation
- Assist with identifying and referring cross-selling opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong loan documentation knowledge
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile, and strong team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Education & Experience
- An associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2+ years of banking experience required
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose its credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.