|Hiring Organization||Signature Theatre Company|
|Post Name||Finance Assistant|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 24 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
FINANCE ASSISTANT-SIGNATURE THEATRE
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a FINANCE ASSISTANT for The Pershing Square Signature Center on West 42nd Street.
Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions.
Signature opened The Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with Signature theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities. Please read our commitment to creating a theatre focused on EDIA at signaturetheatre.org
Signature Theatre is looking for a detail-oriented and organized administrator to join our Finance team in supporting daily and weekly bookkeeping tasks. The Finance Assistant is a part-time position, hourly, non-exempt position with a flexible schedule of 20 hours per week at $24 per hour. The role will be supervised by and report to the Director of Finance. This is an entry-level role, great for someone looking to work in a non-profit or theatre finance office.
- Review invoices and check requests for accuracy and enter them into the accounting system
- Prepare cash requirements and review invoices for payment
- Review posting reports from the Box Office and Development of ticket sales and donations and enters them into the general ledger
- Assist staff with a monthly credit card and petty cash reconciliations
- Organization and time management
- Comfortable working with numbers all-day
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office or Financial Edge is a plus