Research Assistant I – Neurobiology & Anatomy
|Hiring Organization||UTHealth Houston|
|Post Name||Research Assistant I – Neurobiology & Anatomy|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77030|
What we do here changes the world! UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
UTHealth Houston is seeking a Research Assistant I to join their team of professionals on a full-time basis in Neurobiology & Anatomy. The ideal candidate will have research experience in biochemistry, cell biology, or related fields and interest in neuroscience is a plus.
Specific technical training will be provided as required; however previous practical lab experience in tissue culture would be a bonus. If interested, the applicant will be given the opportunity to work independently to carry projects forward.
The position also requires providing general lab support, ordering, and lab maintenance. Once you join us you won’t want to leave.
It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave days, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ well-being is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts include entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more
Under the close direction of senior research staff, conducts activities to support research projects.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Under close supervision, conducts research activities according to research protocol.
- May maintain clean laboratory equipment and/or work area to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Collects evaluates and interprets research data to provide needed information to principal investigators and other researchers. Updates notebooks, records, and databases as needed.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for the research department.
- Orders laboratory and/or other supplies as directed by senior research staff.
- As needed, may coordinate the work of laboratory technicians and assistants to ensure efficient, timely, and high-quality results.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of research fields.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
No years of experience.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds constantly and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects. This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215