|Hiring Organization||Zachry Group|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77042|
The primary job is replacing a bunker beam, it is 40′ down ladders to get to the work area. Boilermaker will remove, replace and/or repair various piping systems; work on various coal-fired boiler components including soot blowers, burners, and dampers; work around and have experience with flue gas desulfurization process and equipment. Must have the knowledge to troubleshoot and detect both minor and major, machines and equipment within a coal-fired power plant; ability to dismantle and reassemble pumps.
- Must have 4+ years experience as a Boilermaker or comparable position with Experience in a coal-fired power plant.
- Must possess all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must have all required tools. (see tool list)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have the ability to work a rotating schedule which includes nights and weekends.
- Read specifications to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Ability to properly use tools of the craft
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Fabricate equipment according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Hoist equipment and tools into the location via bull rigging or crane.
- Steel fabrication using torches, band saws, plasma cutters, grinders, etc…
- Minor pipe fabrication – ability to pull field measurements to repair/replace like-in-kind pipe sections
- Pipe and steel prep for welding procedures
- Follow directions for supervision
- Leadership Abilities
- Ability to perform all job duties of craft trade.
- Know when to stop work for misinformation, safety concerns, or any other reason that would create a risk to one’s self, or a team member, or damage equipment.
- Ability to read basic blueprints
- Read and understand craft specs, craft spec procedures, and recommendations
- Able to locate piece marks for correct views and know how to pick out different elevations
- Being able to know the correct installation based on the orientation.
- Knowledge of symbols based on the legend
- Ability to dictate correct knots based on material
- Ability to read cut sheets
- Lay out from drawing
- Cut material from layout and cut sheets
- Plan work and execute
- Ability to make drawings, required material, line out helpers and execute work
- Tools and knowledge
- Knowledge of specialty tools (torque wrench, mill hogg, torch, plasma cutter, chop saws, mag drills, Hogan drills)
- Welding and cutting
- Knowledge of cutting torch, set up, dangers, usage, cleaning, types of tips, and when to use the different types of tips
- Equipment Knowledge
- Knowledge of JLG’s man baskets, ST and RT forklifts, and ability to be trained through Zachry and operate is needed
- Basic maintenance (inspections)
- Safe operations practices
- Math Skills
- The footage, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions to perform all craft duties.
- Must be willing to perform any additional duties as instructed.
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Boilermaker
- Formal/Technical education.
Employees will be required to adhere to large amounts of ladder climbing, standing, walking, bending, squatting, and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull objects, materials, controls, and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: a hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves, and leather work boots.
Zachry is dedicated to providing a safe and drug-free work environment and is an equal-opportunity employer.