Associate Business Analyst
|Hiring Organization||Scholastic NYC|
|Post Name||Associate Business Analyst|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree or better (focus on an MBA, MIS, computer science, digital media, mathematics, engineering, science, or another quantitative field a plus)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 7000 To USD 8000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10001|
THE OPPORTUNITY The Associate Business Analyst (BA) serves at the intersection of the Business / Product Stakeholders and Engineering teams. In this role, you will be working on critical projects to support our businesses, helping to translate requirements into user stories for technical development.
The BA will help ensure that the needs of the business and customers are being met by testing new development features and assessing the impact of those features. The ideal candidate for this role requires strong communication skills.
The ability to manage project scope and deadlines, and a commitment to delivering the highest quality in all projects. Being analytically minded, detail-oriented, and passionate about making a difference is a must for this role.
- Proactively seeks to understand each division’s business objectives and how they fit into the overall business and technical strategy
- Understanding how the business objectives intersect with technology and help translate those objectives into functional requirements
- Serves as a contributing member of agile scrum teams, helping to build exciting new software and technical capabilities
- Analyzes and understands requirements following software development lifecycle methodologies
- Facilitate technology discussions between engineering teams and business stakeholders regarding schedule and priority
- Partner with the engineering teams to develop, quantify, and track technical KPIs to measure improvement
- Supports the product owner or product managers in the businesses by helping to manage the backlog of requirements in the form of user stories
- Builds domain expertise by learning core fundamental business analysts skills and processes
- Facilitates the implementation of operational and business requirements
- Communicates how requirements fit into milestones and software releases as part of managing a larger roadmap
- Monitors post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of all deployments
- Apprises supervisor of status, schedule variances, and outstanding issues
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media.
The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines, and other products. In combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children’s learning both at school and at home.
The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 98-year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to “Open a World of Possible” for all children.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given the responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development.
- Graduation date between Winter 2022 and August 2023
- A self-starter that enjoys owning an effort and driving it to completion
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Enthusiastic team-player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiation, problem resolution, and customer service
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust and alter approach promptly and efficiently, when needed
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programs
- Ability to quickly understand the scope of the project and identify key success and risk factors
- Must be able to clearly and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to project stakeholders
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to manage competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree or better (focus on an MBA, MIS, computer science, digital media, mathematics, engineering, science, or another quantitative field a plus)
Preferred Skills and Knowledge (not required for consideration):
- Experience in structured SDLC methodology, such as Agile
- Experience working with third-party vendors with an understanding of systems integration
- Understanding how back-end and web-based systems interface with each other
- Experience with project tracking tools such as Jira, Rally, etc.
- Experience with one of the following technical areas:
- Web: Web analytics tools (ie, Adobe Analytics, Coremetrics, Google Analytics, etc.) and Familiarity with SEO and UX best practices
- Systems Integration: Experience working with third-party vendors with an understanding of systems integration.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance needs relevant to our company – COPPA, can-spam, and regulatory issues
- Knowledge of the publishing industry or multi-channel product management