|Hiring Organization||The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel|
|Qualification||High School diploma or equivalent, preferred some college coursework or relevant trade school certification|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10021|
The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is currently recruiting for a Carpenter. The ideal candidate supports the Director of Engineering to ensure the operation of the department is running efficiently while looking for opportunities to improve the operation of the department.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilities Required Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in person and over the phone when dealing with management, Employees, and guests.
- Hang doors, drill, and set door hardware.
- Maintains general mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to work with carpentry tools and materials.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the carpentry trade as well as repair and maintenance of the property.
- Always keep the work area clean and well organized.
- Climbs ladders to reach raised areas and works from scaffolding.
- Operates various types of woodworking machines and electrical hand tools.
- Able to meet deadlines set for each task.
- Repair items such as furniture, gypsum board, or any other carpentry-related tasks.
- Designs, cuts, build and assemble wooden parts or furniture as requested.
- Assemble and set prefabricated pieces.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform the job functions.
- Assist housekeeping and engineering staff during room preventive maintenance.
- Keep track of repairs made or areas that need more attention.
- Keep communication open between guests, management, and service tasks
- Report to management on major repairs and items that can’t be repaired for further action.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Participate in quality control activities.
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, staff, and community members.
- Respond in a courteous, professional, and rapid manner in order to resolve all guest and staff difficulties.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Ensure that standards, inclusive of grooming and attire of staff, are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Models the company’s culture, vision, mission, and core values at all times.
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand a guest’s service needs
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Prior heavy exposure to carpeting
- Thorough knowledge of woodworking tools and equipment
- Ability to be resourceful, creative, and maintain flexibility
- Ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but not limited to dollars, cents, feet, inches, cups, pounds, and ounces
- Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding
- All other duties as required.
ABOUT THE CARLYLE, A ROSEWOOD HOTEL
The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is a New York City luxury hotel that exudes charm and elegance. For generations, it has been the “home away from home” for world leaders, celebrities, and sophisticated travelers.
Guests discover remarkable privacy, luxury, and impeccable service from this award-winning property. The Carlyle has consistently been recognized as one of the top hotels to stay by the world’s leading publications, travel magazines, and consumer organizations.
ABOUT ROSEWOOD HOTEL GROUP
Rosewood Hotel Group, one of the world’s leading hotel companies, encompasses three brands: Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®, New World Hotels & Resorts®, and KHOS™. Its combined portfolio consists of more than 40 hotels in 19 countries.
Known for distinctive, refined service in cultures throughout the world. We want to be progressive in our service yet remain timeless. Whether you work with us to stay with us, Rosewood Hotel Group creates enduring relationships in engaging environments.
The group’s foundation is its commitment to “Relationship Hospitality” – a belief that true hospitality springs from the nurturing and building of strong and lasting relationships with fellow associates, guests, partners, and the communities in which its hotels operate. By doing so, Rosewood Hotel Group strives to become the industry leader in delivering the true meaning of hospitality.
- Medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits
- Paid holidays
- We encourage personal and professional growth. Continue the Rosewood Journey through global talent development opportunities.
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred some college coursework or relevant trade school certification
- Licenses & Certifications: None required
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar capacity for a luxury or ultra-luxury property.