Part Time Cashier
|Hiring Organization||Citarella Gourmet Market – Upper West Side|
|Post Name||Part Time Cashier|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 12 To USD 16 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10023|
Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries.
While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service. Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market is seeking Cashiers to join our team at our West Side Store!
As a member of the front-end team, our cashiers are devoted to handling all customer transactions accurately while providing exceptional customer service to all guests throughout their store experience. Having a professional, pleasant, and guest-driven attitude is ideal for individuals in this role.
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business-related mathematics and analyze data as required.
- Ability to accurately handle monetary transactions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to learn about our products
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position including standing for extended periods of time, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, able to lift, carry, push and pull weights
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times including welcoming guests, assisting and addressing customer needs in a timely manner
- Maintain a positive, courteous demeanor at all times
- Accurately handle all guest transactions and follow all cash handling procedures
- Properly scan and bag all merchandise.
- Learn and utilize in-store-specific codes such as product codes, food preparation codes, etc.
- Count cash drawer at the beginning and end of shift to reduce and prevent shortages.
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business need
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental/Vision /Company sponsored life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match! Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)