CDL CLASS A-Shuttle Driver
|Post Name||CDL CLASS A-Shuttle Driver|
|Qualification||High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77073|
LKQ is looking to hire a highly reliable and skilled Shuttle Driver with knowledge of LKQ products, warehouse methods, techniques, and procedures. The Shuttle Driver must have complete knowledge of driving procedures, possess a CDL, and have an excellent driving record.
The Shuttle Driver’s role at LKQ is the movement of parts to other locations throughout the region. The Shuttle Driver will be responsible for loading, unloading, heavy lifting, safely driving, and delivering parts as well as documenting information and delivering excellent customer service.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a truck to transfer products between locations, wholesalers, and dropbox locations in outlying markets.
- Pick up truck at the warehouse and may load truck according to safety standards and to ensure product integrity. Verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest, and other paperwork associated with the delivery.
- Drives to the destination and physically unloads the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains the signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received, and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest, or provides credit memos on parts being returned to the locations, wholesalers, and drop boxes.
- Pickup stock purchase orders or buy-out purchase orders from vendors
- Maintains all DOT driver logs of hours and related records.
- Goes through the check-in process when returning to the location to verify parts and paperwork.
- May turn in all paperwork to the Accounting Department after check-in.
- Complies with established company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry is desired. Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company’s warehouse and delivery methods, techniques, and procedures.
Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate with customers/peers/supervisors, and proficiently use smartphones and/or tablets. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
Education and Experience:
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired. One year of driving and warehouse-related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures, and work methods.
Forklift certified, beneficial. Must possess a valid driver’s license with the proper endorsement for driving a one-ton delivery vehicle, and an acceptable driving record. Must meet the Department of Transportation’s testing and physical requirements. Must be at least 21 years of age. Class A CDL required.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery, or Company vehicle. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, and stairs and withstand heights of more than15 feet.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.