Class A CDL Driver
|Hiring Organization||MAUSER PACKAGING SOLUTIONS|
|Post Name||Class A CDL Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4000 To USD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60651|
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber, and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, and personal care.
And pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals, and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG, and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Class A CDL Driver is under the direction of the Plant Manager and will primarily be responsible for the pick-up/delivery of reconditioned products using established production procedures, following safety protocol, and adhering to our company’s quality standards.
- Drivers are eligible for a Safety Bonus of $2,000 for a violation-free year,
- Sign on Bonus of $3,500 in the first year of employment
- Referral bonuses for referring employees who are hired!
- Drivers are paid OT past 40 hours!
- Health Savings Account
- 401k with company match!
- 11 Holidays
- PTO time
- A focus on work/life balance as most drivers are home daily!
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial vehicle.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles.
- Ensure the load matches the paperwork before leaving all sites.
- Delivery of various containers/packaging to customer locations within an assigned route.
- The assistance of proper loading and unloading of freight (when required) ensures safety and minimal risk of damage.
- Development and maintenance of professional service to our customers.
- Collection of payments from customers and recording of all transactions when applicable.
- Ensure customer and quality system compliance in areas of responsibility by conducting quality checks and examining products.
- Notify management of any defective product or hazardous conditions. Promptly report all injuries to management.
- Organizing end-of-day paperwork for office administration.
- Maintaining a team approach through respect and communication at all levels.
- Various other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Use of required personal protective equipment.
- Operation and use of necessary tools or equipment.
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) w/ clean motor vehicle record.
- 1-year of experience with driving is required.
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- A Hazardous Materials Endorsement on CDL is preferred.
- Maintains all required company paperwork.
- Follows all State & Federal regulations per Department of Transportation standards.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to comply with all established rules and policies (safety, production, etc.).
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work any shift and work time as needed.
- Must be able to maintain an acceptable attendance record.