CDL A Truck Driver
|Hiring Organization||Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope|
|Post Name||CDL A Truck Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include custom-engineered curtain walls and window walls, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights, and architectural glass.
The Driver role with us isn’t just a job- it’s a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day.
If that sounds like YOU, come join this industry leader!
Our Drivers deliver architectural glass and/or metal products. Unloading up to 75 pounds is required and could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal, and associated products as well as operating boom cranes, and truck-mounted forklifts. Overnight travel may be required on occasion. This is a union (Teamsters) position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely loading, transporting, and unloading glass and metal in a class A truck
- Handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal, and associated products
- Electronically logging hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Operation of hand-held scanners and electronic logging devices
- Using necessary equipment such as boom cranes, straight trucks, tilt dollies, pallet jacks, hoists, lift trucks, forklifts, power tools, tie-down devices, calculator, and tape measurer
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident-free Class A driving experience
- Must be available to train on nights for a minimum of two (2) weeks
- Able to stay overnight (out of town) as needed
- At least 21 years of age or older (to cross state lines)
- Willingness and ability to load truck at the warehouse and unload at customer locations and job sites
- Possess a valid commercial driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- Acceptable motor vehicle record as dictated by company standards
- Ability to determine whether the transported cargo is properly located, distributed, and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records
- Skilled at handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Good customer relations skills
- Have muscular and cardiovascular endurance to perform functions required for glass handling such as balancing, reaching, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Tight gripping, cupping, and wrist motions are required to support and carry and maneuver up to 75 pounds
- Climbing ladders, stairs, and ramps
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of the job offer
What OBE Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!