Class B Local Delivery Driver
|Hiring Organization||Air Liquide|
|Post Name||Class B Local Delivery Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77024|
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers, and smell leaking gas from cylinders.
The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Frequent bending will also be required.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and color vision; depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associate must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by DOT regulations for drivers.
In particular, you will:
- Drive truck to deliver dry ice to customer’s place of business. Issue or obtain the customer’s signature on the receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Obtain customer signature, ensure piece count matches load manifest, and collect empty dry ice boxes to be returned to the plant and/or branch.
- Provide customer service and give feedback from customers to the Branch Manager.
- Maintain accurate driving log information and data.
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections on trucks according to DOT and company maintenance checklists. Keep the inside of the truck clean.
- Comply with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements.
- Secure cargo prior to and during transit.
- Maintain appropriate driver’s license and DOT Medical card.
Are you a MATCH?
- At least 21 yrs old
- Have at least a Class B CDL with at least 1 yr experience – experience must be within the last 4 years
- A Class A CDL must have 1 yr experience and it should also be in the last 4 years.
- Graduating from an accredited truck driving school and having a diploma will count as 1 year of experience. (within the last 4 years)
- Confirmed experience driving in the military with a CDL will also count for the required experience.
- No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 minor tickets in the last 3 years.
- No serious violation ticket (speeding 15+, reckless driving, etc) in the last 3 years.
- No suspensions of CDL in the last 3 years except for “Failure to pay child support”.
- No DUI in the last 7 years.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, as well as hard goods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability, and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies, and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative, and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders, and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent.
Both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success, and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability