|Hiring Organization||Enhabit Home Health, Houston northwest (TX)|
|Post Name||Hospice Chaplain|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77095|
Are you in search of a new career opportunity that makes a meaningful impact? If so, now is the time to find your calling at Enhabit Home Health & Hospice.
As a national leader in home-based care, Enhabit is consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the country. We’re committed to expanding what’s possible for patient care in the home, all while fostering a unique culture that is both innovative and collaborative.
At Enhabit, the best of what’s next starts with us. We not only make it a priority to maintain an ethical and stable workplace but also continually invest in our employees. By extending ongoing professional development opportunities and providing cutting-edge technology solutions, we ensure our employees are always moving their careers forward and prepared to deliver a better way to care for our patients.
Ever mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Enhabit offers competitive benefits that support and promote healthy lifestyle choices. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Chaplain with hospice experience to join our team.
The Chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary team and reports to the Hospice Branch Director.
- Providing direct spiritual support and/or counsel to patients/families in keeping with patients/families’ beliefs.
- Working with staff, clergy, and community groups to enhance their sensitivity to the spiritual needs of patients/families and reporting on services as indicated.
- Providing consultation and education for patients/families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing bereavement follow-up services as defined by Hospice.
- Maintaining proper records of visits to patients/families.
- Performing occasional liturgical assignments such as the annual Service of Remembrance and monthly memorial service when indicated.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must be an individual who, by ordination or by ecclesiastical endorsement from the individual’s denomination has been approved to function in a pastoral capacity.
- Must have demonstrated experience
in working with patients and families dealing with life-threatening illnesses and death.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- Training in clinical pastoral education, meeting the requirements for the college of chaplains, may be considered in lieu of ordination or endorsement.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to communicate well with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be organized and able to perform multiple, critical tasks simultaneously and frequently.
- Must have an understanding of issues related to the delivery of home care services.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to be open, sensitive, flexible, and ecumenical.
- Must be able to function efficiently and in a positive manner within a high-stress environment.
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to promote differences in a collaborative and respectful manner. We are committed to a work environment that supports, encourages, and motivates all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. At Enhabit, we celebrate and embrace the special differences that make our community extraordinary.