Manager Chemical Admixture Plant
|Post Name||Manager Chemical Admixture Plant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77011|
Founded, over the last 110+ years’ CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Here at CEMEX, we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, and excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, an employee assistance program, and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on!
To manage the production and distribution of chemical admixtures.
- Management of inventory and ordering of raw materials and totes
- Oversee incoming raw material and tote shipments and enters them into inventory
- Schedule the transfer of products to warehouses as well as the delivery of products from the plants and warehouses to the ready-mix plants
- Ensure that shipments of chemical admixtures to the customer are completed in a timely and professional manner
- Process the order fulfillment information
- Safety management and communication
- Maintain operational compliance with zoning and related permits
- Management of staff to optimize production, minimize overtime and achieve production goals
- Exercise discretion and judgment in supervising the hourly workforce. These tasks include hiring, directing, counseling and disciplining, including suspending employees from work or discharge for serious rule infractions or poor job performance, if necessary
- Ensure compliance with DOT, OSHA, EPA, state, and local regulations
- Ensure that facilities maintain plant housekeeping environmental standards and safety to comply with company standards
- Understand basic financial reporting related to admixture operations
- Track and maintenance costs of operation
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Logistics
- 3 years of management in a production environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- The job involves sitting most of the time but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, turning, climbing to a significant degree, and/or pulling controls
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state, and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX offers both competitive pay and benefits. Benefits applicable to this position may include but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay, as well as a comprehensive wellness program to help keep employees and their families healthy and well. You can learn more about CEMEX Benefits by visiting the CEMEX USA Benefits and Well-Being page. (https://www.cemexusa.com/careers/life-at-cemex/benefits-well-being).
EEO Statement – In Spanish
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities in which it operates.