|Hiring Organization||National Oilwell Varco|
|Post Name||Polymer Chemist|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Ph.D. in Polymer Engineering or Polymer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 40 To USD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77041|
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages think top drives, iron roughnecks, draw works, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we’re constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges.
We’re designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry’s generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We’re continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
Perform chemical engineering work.
- R&D of new elastomer technologies
- Create engineering reports documenting design efforts, results, and validation
- Work with operations to identify product or process improvements
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Specific product groups might require special skills not listed here.
- Design and/or implement elastomer for sealing devices
- Operate lab equipment as needed (mixer, tensiometer, DSC, MDR, RPA, etc.)
- Formulate elastomer compounds for various products to meet customer and internal requirements within budget and schedule constraints
- Create/Revise bills of materials, process control sheets, and other documents for sealing devices
- Perform validation and verification of designs and elastomer formulations in accordance with established industry standards and engineering best practices
- Prepare chemical analysis, compatibility studies, and another testing of nonmetallic seals
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability, and manufacturability of sealing devices
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Project Engineering, and Project Management
- Collaborate with drafters/designers on design tasks. Function as lead on tasks of high complexity
- Cooperate with other engineers on detailed design work
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or offshore when required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Required – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Ph.D. in Polymer Engineering or Polymer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred – 10 + years of experience
- Demonstrating insight into the behavior
- Maintaining open relationships
- Respecting diversity
- Taking responsibility
- Communication, able to express relevant information appropriately, clearly, correctly, and succinctly
- Able to use assigned software/programs
- Able to plan and organize work
- Creative thinking to generate innovative and creative solutions