Senior Claims Field Adjuster
|Hiring Organization||Chubb Group of Insurance Co|
|Post Name||Senior Claims Field Adjuster|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77056|
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise, and local operations globally.
We are currently looking for a Senior Claims Field Specialist to handle property claims in the Houston, TX area.
- Complete onsite inspection of properties to include investigating facts, evaluating damages, and writing estimates
- Effectively evaluate contract language and identify coverage issues
- Promptly and appropriately develop the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis
- Maintain an active file diary for more files toward resolution
- Recognize and pursue recovery
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices
- Recognize and identify potentially fraudulent claims
- Effectively control the use, work product, and expenses of outside vendors
- Effectively evaluate claim facts and negotiate claim settlements
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers
- Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the team’s goals, objectives, and results
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed including working overtime during designated CATs.
- Establish and maintain rapport with business partners including insureds, agents, and underwriters
- Provide excellent customer service skills to a diverse client base that results in more than satisfied clients.
- Full knowledge of personal and commercial insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations is a plus. Experience in commercial claims handling would be preferred
- Xactimate or similar estimating platform experience required
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative thinker with the ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience handling complex claims with large exposures
- Ability to work in multiple systems and utilize provided technology to estimate damages in the field
- Ability to work both independently and in team supportive environment
- Empowerment to make decisions within your authority and execute the company mission
- Must have the ability to secure the Property and Casualty Adjusters license within 6 months of employment
- If you do not already have one, you will be required to obtain an applicable resident or designated home state adjusters license and possibly additional state licensure.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We operate in such a way that everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.