|Hiring Organization||The Forum at Memorial Woods|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 40 To USD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77024|
At this time, we are seeking a Resident Assistant to join our team!
- Gives report to the Nurse or designated charge person at the end of the shift.
- Reports any changes to the Nurse or designated charge person immediately for determination of contacting the on-call Nurse.
- Reminding residents to take medication, opening containers for residents, opening prepackaged medication for residents, reading the medication label to residents, observing residents while they take medication, checking the self-administered dosage against the label of the container, and reassuring residents that they have obtained and are taking the dosage as prescribed.
- Supervise, assist or provide showers and baths.
- Supervise, and assist residents to dress/undress.
- Assure the cleanliness and dignity of each resident.
- Vital signs; Medication supervision (within the scope of the state regulations);
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of the use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a healthcare-related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- CPR/First Aid Certification desired (unless required by the state).
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
Five Star Senior Living and Agility are operating divisions of AlerisLife, a provider of an evolving portfolio of residential and lifestyle services to older adults who want to live life to the fullest. We are approximately 10,000 team members serving in 29 states as well as our corporate AlerisLife headquarters located outside of Boston. Together, we’re assembling a suite of best-in-class products and services to inspire joyful living in a growing range of settings.
About Five Star
The Five Star Senior Living division includes independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s/memory care communities across the United States. When you join Five Star, you become part of a family where you’ll be supported in your efforts, offered guidance in your career, and celebrated for your unique talents. We’re a team of dedicated professionals who make it possible for older adults to live their healthiest, happiest, and most fulfilling lives. We hope you can join us and be part of an amazing team!