Internal Communications Manager
|Hiring Organization||Trading Technologies International, Inc|
|Post Name||Internal Communications Manager|
|Qualification||BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, organizational communication, or a related field is strongly preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2000 To USD 3000 Per Month|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60606|
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, integrated internal communications strategy and messaging platform to support the global organization.
- Planned, write, and edited content for a variety of internal channels, such as newsletters, emails, wiki/intranet/Slack posts, slide decks, all-hands meetings, tech talks, videos, and more, to creatively and effectively drive dissemination of information throughout the organization. This might include company news; event promotions and summaries; team celebrations; individual milestones and accomplishments; new employee policies/benefits/programs; new hires and promotions; client stories and more.
- Partner with leadership and employees to develop practical systems and best practices that enable communication and measure the effectiveness of our communication with one another.
- Align with the external Marketing team to ensure messaging, branding, and tone of internal campaigns are consistent with external communications.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Marketing to design captivating, on-brand materials and events.
- Generate formal and informal internal engagement, feedback, dialog, and debate throughout the organization using surveys, focus groups, conversations, and other methodologies.
- Understand the unique needs of the organization, including how needs differ across teams and geographies, in order to produce effective communication strategies.
- Serve as a catalyst for influence and advocacy by facilitating top-down, cross-department, and bottom-up communications.
- Continuously seek out ways to improve and innovate internal communication practices and channels to optimize reach, engagement, and results.
- Manage external partners and vendors to orchestrate successful internal communication initiatives.
What you’ll work on in the first 3-6 months:
- Establish and begin to implement the company’s internal communications plan.
- Oversee all aspects of monthly All-Hands meetings, including invitations and promotions; development of agenda, messaging, and materials; and end-to-end event production.
- Scope, re-brand, and re-launch the employee newsletter, and publish new editions at least monthly.
- Work with the Culture change management team to drive the development of content for the new television channel and the #ttv Slack channel.
- Partner with team leaders to evolve and maintain the new company wiki.
- Help drive implementation of the new Communications Facilitator (CF) role within teams and guide the CFs to improve cross-team communication.
- Guide and partner with other teams to drive the creation and rollout of new company values/principles.
- Collaborate with Marketing and HR colleagues to produce a new recruiting video.
- Work with other internal teams, new partners, and companies we acquire to develop effective communication that supports and optimizes their integration with the organization.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience leading the internal communications function for a high-growth, international, multicultural organization; additional experience in external marketing/public relations is preferred but not required.
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, organizational communication, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- You love people, are self-assured and not easily intimidated, and feel very comfortable driving conversations and outcomes across all levels of an organization―including up, down, and across teams.
- A collaborative nature, with the ability to build trust and work with many different personalities and cultures.
- A highly organized, detail-oriented, results-driven project manager who can multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with event planning, project and budget management, and full-scale hands-on execution of both in-person and virtual events.
- Skilled at creating clear, concise copy that inspires and unites.
- Adept at aligning communication with brand style and voice guidelines.
- Experience overseeing designers, external agencies, vendors, and other resources to create effective communication materials.
- Creativity, strong design acumen, and modern style.
- Curiosity, with a desire to continuously look for ways to optimize reach and engagement using different communication practices and channels.
- Be willing to travel internationally if needed.
- Bonus: Experience working in financial services, trading, fintech, and/or SaaS.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k), and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents), and backup child care as well as tutoring services
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of their choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Stipend and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships, and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs, or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, a culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech and a committee dedicated to making TT a great place to work for everyone
- The office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation
Trading Technologies (TT) creates professional trading software, infrastructure, and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers, and risk managers.
In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.