Internal Corporate Communications Advisor
|Hiring Organization||TotalEnergies Tower|
|Post Name||Internal Corporate Communications Advisor|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 7000 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77002|
Our US Headquarters is adding an Internal Communications Advisor contractor to our Corporate Communications team. As a contractor, you will be eligible for paid holidays as well as PTO time. If you’re interested and have the experience needed let’s discuss.
The Communications Advisor – Internal Communications is responsible for the content development for internal communications, key internal projects from the Group, Brand, and Local levels, and serving as the primary contact for the TotalEnergies Foundation.
- This position develops and implements internal communications read by staff locally in Houston as well as throughout the country.
- This position works with leadership/department heads to develop and execute communications strategies to align with their business goals.
- Position assists Director Communication in leading communications for all Total affiliate-focused efforts in the US.
- Manages the TotalEnergies intranet site for the U.S., which supports multiple branches and sites, including weekly coordination and approvals with content providers, analysis of site content, and advisement for improvements
- Coordinates with our Global Headquarters Communications and develops news and feature stories about the company
- Prepares and distributes news, announcements, messaging, and stories to all and/or some employee bases
- Supports the team to craft and distributing messaging during times of crisis for the workforce (e.g. – Hurricane season, winter freezes, floods, etc.)
- Oversees the Celebrating Our Success program to highlight positive efforts throughout the Refining & Chemical branch in the U.S.
- Manages the TotalEnergies Foundation from Paris, including the relationship locally and with HQ as well as the coordination of the Action! platform and events to support the employee volunteerism
- Provides in-house design support for posters, brochures, flyers, ads, etc. for Business Units and Departments
- Provide support for video production – script writing, shooting, and editing – as a means to share stories and/or messages internally.
- Manages, coordinates, and executes large-scale projects as directed by executive leadership (Celebrating Our Champions awards program, Intranet, Innovation Days, etc.)
- Monitors TotalEnergy’s presence in industry groups (e.g. – CCD, AEPW)
Context and environment
- The nature of this position requires pro-activity, creativity, and a customer-focused mindset. The Communications team is responsible for leading communications efforts and for providing strategic professional guidance to other Total affiliates in the US, particularly with regard to crisis communications and media relations.
- This position requires regular interface and coordination with other Total affiliates, branches, and Holdings teams in Europe.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications
- On-call availability for Crisis Communication role (24/7 as needed)
- 7+ yrs experience as a reporter, PR/Ad agency representative, or Public Relations Representative
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong graphic design, page layout, and web development skills
- Video production capabilities are a plus