|Hiring Organization||Dow Jones & Co Inc|
|Post Name||Communications Associate|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years working in a similar role required (i.e. Channel Operations, Digital Employee Experience, or Marketing Operations)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile, and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations globally. It is home to leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation;
Barron’s, MarketWatch, Mansion Global, Financial News, Investor’s Business Daily, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, OPIS, and Chemical Market Analytics. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Overview of Position
The Communication Associate, Digital Employee Experience (DEX) & Channels is a pivotal role in helping implement the DEX at Dow Jones.
The successful candidate for this role has experience building channels and executing communications to employees–especially through email platforms, intranets, and communication business tools. These channels will work cohesively together to enhance, engage and enable business results for key stakeholders.
In addition to supporting channel operations, this position also will be responsible for analyzing data across channels to glean insights that contribute to the continuous improvement of overall digital employee experience and internal communication strategies.
This role is primarily responsible for digital experience channel tool execution, intranet, and email tool content building, training/process development, digital signage execution, and data analysis.
Location: New York City or Open to Remote
- Provide day-to-day guidance, operational support, and training to internal stakeholders who manage content and content distribution on various internal channels.
- Support and enforce governance and internal policies for Dow Jones channels.
- Communicate, train and implement new processes, policies, and procedures to content admins.
- Identify issues/process improvement opportunities in the area of responsibility to improve digital employee experience or productivity.
- Facilitate and manage programmatic change effectively.
- Develop and publish intranet content.
- Build and distribute email platform tool communications.
- Coordinate digital signage requests and calendar execution.
- Production of monthly dashboards to create an all-up view of performance across the communications team and its channels.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years working in a similar role required (i.e. Channel Operations, Digital Employee Experience, or Marketing Operations)
- Committed to a growth mindset and eager to seek and put new digital communication tools and knowledge to use
- Enjoys coaching and training others on tools and platforms
- Strong operational background and strives for creative and scalable solutions
- Works well with data and builds reports that “tell a story” and are easily viewed and understood by others
- Demonstrates ability to synthesize data
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize and articulate high-impact initiatives
- Able to work independently, with a keen ability to meet deadlines, while displaying a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Cross-functional teamwork
- Desire to take ownership and be accountable for results
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Experience with Poppulo and Google Workspace is highly desirable
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .