Project Procurement Manager
|Hiring Organization||Burns & McDonnell|
|Post Name||Project Procurement Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77027|
The Project Procurement Manager is responsible for managing procurement processes in adherence to company and client requirements. Ensure optimum efficiency to procure, expedite, and schedule deliveries of materials and equipment to multiple job sites. Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations. Manage the work of subordinates, provide guidance, and mentorship and facilitate the development of the assigned project procurement team.
- Manage all project-based procurement functions and assigned personnel including purchasing, expediting, and supplier quality.
- Plans directs and coordinate the objectives of procurement personnel engaged in the procurement of material and equipment.
- Consults on purchasing services for various projects.
- Manages the sourcing of potential suppliers for defined scopes of work, and works with appropriate members of the project team to prequalify suppliers and establish a commitment to provide proposals for such work.
- Manage procurement standards and methodology.
- Direct processes and procedures of terms and conditions for the purchase of equipment and materials.
- Approve purchase orders including change management and close-out activities.
- Facilitate evaluation of supplier performance, develop procurement estimates and proposals, develop supplier relations and establish new suppliers.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for procurement personnel assigned to assist with procurement activities including recruitment, development, training, and retention of staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Construction, Law, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 12 years of direct purchasing experience in core industries (Energy, Process, or Heavy Industrial).
- Proven management experience including training, leading, and developing assigned employees.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- C.P.M. or CPSM certification preferred.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and proven negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Oracle Financial R12 software experience preferred.
- Expert technical knowledge of suppliers’ products and capabilities.
- Proven ability to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Proven ability to devise and lead the implementation of new approaches to problems encountered.
- Understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
- Understanding of logistics, freight, and tax implications.