Construction Project Manager
|Hiring Organization||Hoar Construction – Houston Office|
|Post Name||Construction Project Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77042|
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting with activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. This position participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Develop industry relationships and expand professional networks that have the potential to generate future sales opportunities.
- Create and maintain the internal and external project logs as necessary.
- Maintain internal and external reports as necessary
- Update schedules with the supplied information.
- Follow up and maintain timely material deliveries.
- Assist in estimating and soliciting subcontractors in the bidding and pricing process.
- Manage trade partner qualification process.
- Manage change management process
- Assist in preparing monthly pay applications and reviewing subcontractors’ and vendors’ payment applications.
- Prepare meeting minutes for all on-site meetings with subcontractors and the Owner.
- Prepare and monitor all requests for information (RFI’s) and maintain RFI Log.
- Manage the entire submittal process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- 2-5 years experience in the construction industry
- Experience with construction project management software such as Viewpoint, Procore, and VICO
- Experience with BIM, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- LEED AP, DBIA certifications preferred
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in an outdoor setting with exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions, and travel from site to site.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and field environment; to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amounts of weight up to 50 lbs without assistance and greater than 50lbs with assistance; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles, and to verbally communicate to exchange information.