Manager, Social Media Creative
|Hiring Organization||Universal Music Group|
|Post Name||Manager, Social Media Creative|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 91367|
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few.
We produce, distribute, and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Records is currently seeking a Social Media Creative for our Hollywood, CA office. This Manager will develop Short-Form Strategy initiatives and manage the digital and social channels around Capitol Music Group’s label and roster.
They are responsible for aiding the creation and execution of content, and community management within an artist’s overall digital plan. Reporting to the heads of Digital Marketing, the position will be responsible for community management and the development of creative assets to support CMG.
Must be well-versed with platforms – including but not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and more, with an ability to optimize content for digital and social audience acquisition and engagement. You will work directly with all members of the digital marketing team, artists, managers, and other creative partners to help grow a community around CMG’s incredible roster.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manage the digital and social channels around Capitol Music Group owned & operated accounts
- Develop opportunities with pre-existing audio/visual content to create new assets including remixes and edits
- Leads the design and development of materials for multiple projects at a time
- Collaborate with Digital, Marketing, and Creative teams to form a content strategy for individual artists and genres
- Work with internal partners to communicate schedules, assets, and delivery of all content produced
- Work with creative and content departments on digital content creation, optimization, and scheduling.
- Posting for artists, if required, and optimizing for the platform using relevant internal features
- Reporting on key stats around audience growth and virality
- Strategizing creative content ideas for artists
- Staying abreast of current trends and other artists we can learn from, sharing actionable insights with the digital team
- Collaborating with other creators to help grow artist channels
- Planning and executing creator campaigns around artist releases
Bring your VIBE:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Social Media Management and/or Content Development
- Advanced knowledge of all current social media and digital platforms
- Proven track record of amplifying content, creating on-platform engagement, and breaking artists through a social media lens
- Passion for music, all genres
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical background and ability to create and update reports.
- Excellent time management skills and follow-through skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Knowledge of social media and current platforms of entertainment consumption and marketing
- Strong interest in content creation trends and future platforms
- Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 weeks “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.