Sales Representative – Criminal Justice
|Hiring Organization||Abbott Laboratories|
|Post Name||Sales Representative – Criminal Justice|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Work Form Home|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional, and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology. Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and your family, be your true self, and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Excellent retirement savings plan with a high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program, and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as the best place to work for diverse, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The Sales Representative is part of our Toxicology Government Services team and is responsible for driving new growth in the government criminal justice and treatment market. It is a remote position with approximately 15% travel to see large customers and/or conferences.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling and lead generation
- Set up meetings with prospects to introduce our products and services
- Perform prospect and customer needs assessments
- Prepare and send quotes and proposals
- Coordinate and secure contracts and agreements between new clients and the contracts team
- Support new account implementation activities within sales and operations
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products and services
- Attend trade shows and in-person customer visits
- Must be willing to travel in the multi-state territory with some overnight travel included
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- Five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and Salesforce <Insert Education>
- Drug testing industry knowledge
- Criminal justice or treatment market knowledge
- Experience in lab screening and confirmation sales a plus
- Proven track record in Sales preferred