|Hiring Organization||US Foods|
|Post Name||Delivery Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 28 To USD 29 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77032|
BECOME A US FOODS® DRIVER!
Ready to build a career with a company that’s leading the food service industry? We help YOU make it! Our Delivery Drivers make $28.50 / hour!
Benefits – Day one; no waiting period! ( medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, strong safety culture, and much more!)
Excellent local leadership! US Foods is one of the largest food distributors with culture and history of promoting from within, excellent training programs, and a continuous improvement focus.
Main Ingredients of the Job
- Safely drive trucks to customers and meet scheduled customer delivery times
- Carefully unload products from the trailer with a two-wheeler, pallet jack, or by hand and place them in designated customer storage areas
- Verify the accuracy of delivery with customers and obtain proper signatures
- Handle collections and payments from customers when applicable
- Professionally perform customer service responsibilities to enhance our client experience
- Perform all pre-trip and post-trip equipment inspection
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull 20 to 80+ lbs. of product repetitively during each shift required
- Comfortable driving and working in inclement weather conditions with frequent stops (10+ per shift) required
What You Bring to the Table
- Register to the FMCSA Clearinghouse*
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have valid CDL Class A issued by the state of legal residence with necessary endorsements and DOT qualifications
- Minimum of six months of commercial driving experience (any industry) OR three months of commercial driving experience in the food and/or beverage delivery industry required
- Ability to operate manual transmission preferred; may be required in specific locations
- Must be able to read and communicate in the English language – able to hold a conversation, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and enter information on reports and records.
Why US Foods
At US Foods, we’re committed to our mission of GREAT FOOD. MADE EASY™ — providing food products that keep operators ahead of customer demand and services that help them run their operations.
Great drivers are crucial to the US Foods® team and one of the important faces of our organization. On and off the road, our drivers strive for integrity and reliability, while building trusting relationships with customers.
At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit, and service. Together we help our customers make it, but we also believe in helping our drivers make it! We are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work.
Registering with the FMCSA Clearinghouse is a requirement by the Department of Transportation. All Drivers are required to the Clearinghouse website and register to the new database.
The Clearinghouse is a secure online database that provides real-time information about commercial driver’s license (CDL) and commercial learner’s permit (CLP) holders’ drug and alcohol program violations.
If you have not registered to the FMCSA database, please note registration is required. EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.