|Hiring Organization||Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics|
|Post Name||Dental Hygienist|
|Qualification||Graduate of Accredited Dental Hygiene Program (Associates degree minimum, bachelor preferred)|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 50 To USD 55 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75206|
Who Are We?
We are Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics and we believe in taking a personal approach to dentistry. Since our humble beginnings in Texas in 1967, we’ve been trusted friends to our patients near and far. At Jefferson, we understand it takes more than clinical excellence to earn a patient’s trust.
It’s of the utmost importance that we all see the patient as unique individuals and demonstrate that their care plan is designed around each of their needs. We’ll do whatever it takes to put a smile on each patient’s face, so the rest of the world can see how amazing it is. We truly change people’s lives. Do you want to be a part of our life-changing team?!
Our philosophy is simple: Our Care Changes People’s Lives. We treat our patients like family to provide the best dental experience because we know a happy, confident smile leads to a better life. We deliver the highest quality care, making dentistry convenient and affordable for everyone. Join our new Hygiene team for the opportunity to have a fulfilling career giving our patients the happy, confident smile they deserve.
What You’ll Do
Perform General Health and Oral Assessments including, but not limited to:
- Review of health history and medications
- BP and pulse
- Extraoral and Intraoral Head and Neck Exam
- Oral cancer screening including the use of Oral ID
- Comprehensive dental charting and periodontal charting for proper diagnosis
- Ability to develop a Dental Hygiene Diagnosis
- Expose and interpret dental radiographs (digital)
- Remove biofilm, toxins, and hard deposits in both subgingival and supra gingival including prophets, gingivitis therapy, and gum therapy
- Application of Fluoride varnish and sealants
- Educate patients on dental diseases, including gingivitis and periodontal disease according to ADA/APP guidelines
- Educate patients on restorative needs and demonstrate oral hygiene instructions as related to individual needs
- Screening for Invisalign and Orthodontic needs
- Recommend and educate patients as related to oral risks for the need of take-home products and aides (fluorides, Toothbrush, Waterpik) to improve oral hygiene
- Educate patients on nutritional needs and smoking cessation
Competencies for Excellence
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: expresses ideas concisely both orally or written; tailors communication to a specific person/audience; anticipates and manages effects of communication
- Concern for Order and Quality; detail-oriented with high standards for quality; maintains records, checks the quality of work and documentation; must follow specific protocols to ensure compliance
- Teamwork: create a friendly and supportive atmosphere; pitch in and help others
- Self-Management: exhibit self-confidence in patient and team interactions; function effectively under pressure; manage behavior to prevent or reduce feelings of stress
- Integrity & Credibility: ability to gain the trust and respect of patients and co-workers; professional yet caring demeanor
- Adaptability: Adapts to change in direction to support changing priorities
- Diversity: adapt and integrate into diverse work groups and patient population
- Competitive pay at a salary of $55/hour.
- New Grads welcome!
- Growth and advancement opportunities for leadership roles
- Development & Growth: Mentorship & continued education training to grow your skill set
- Full benefits for Full-Time include medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, vacation, and PTO package.
- Graduate of Accredited Dental Hygiene Program (Associates degree minimum, bachelor preferred)
- Active Texas RDH Licensure
- Current CPR certification (AHA preferred BLS with AED)
- Nitrous certification (preferred)
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and patient care