Northeast Regional Dentist
|Hiring Organization||DOCS Health|
|Post Name||Northeast Regional Dentist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 8000 To USD 9000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10002|
OverviewWe are health care innovators, problem solvers, and bridge builders for better health. DOCS Health delivers comprehensive direct and on-location comprehensive health services across many sectors. Improving health outcomes for schools, the military, government agencies, correctional facilities, and corporations around the world is our mission.
We provide solutions that remove barriers, add value, and provide access to high-quality care. We are seeking a dynamic, full-time traveling Dentist who will work in multiple states for our Correctional Dental Division, providing overall clinical care. This position reports directly to the Chief Dental Officer.
- Direct and train new staff on DOCS Health’s dental correctional program.
- Provide management and supervisory responsibilities for Dentists and Dental Assistants working within our contracted correctional facilities.
- Provide dental services in multiple correctional facilities.
- Ensure that our dental services are completed per our contractual requirements and in compliance with court mandates, State and Federal Regulations, and are consistent with community standards, legal mandates, and DOCS Health strategic goals.
- Work closely with talent acquisition to ensure hiring, retention, and training of qualified staff.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and evaluations and initiate and enforce progressive discipline when necessary.
- Work closely with operations and finance and maintain budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain contact with individuals and key stakeholders both within and outside of the organization who might impact our program activities.
- Provide consultation and assistance to operations for constant improvement.
- Provide oversight to the professional practice system as it relates to dentistry, including emergency response reviews, self-audits, and Quality Management Assessment reviews.
- May oversee compliance activities with court mandates and perform related duties, as required.
- Correctional Medicine Experience preferred
- Obtain and maintain an unrestricted license to practice dentistry in multiple states
- Possess knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques
- Possess knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes, and regulations
- Possess expert knowledge on the principles and practices of dental surgery with reference to oral pathology
- Possess expert knowledge of relationships between risk factors and incidence of health problems
- Required to travel 90% or more of the time, across multiple states
- Possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Considerable skill in dental operative techniques
- Able to teach and provide clinical supervision
- Must have or obtain a Real ID
Because of this commitment, we’ve set a new standard of care delivery through our fixed-clinic, mobile treatment center, telemedicine, and portable deployment models. Join our team, and become a part of a bridge for better health.