|Hiring Organization||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|
|Post Name||Dispatch Associate|
|Qualification||High School Graduate required. Two years of College coursework/degree with courses in business, accounting, computer operation, and applications preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 6000 To USD 7000 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90048|
Under the directions of the Central Transportation Services and Management team, serves as an information/problem resolution resource to the medical center within the call center. Displays an ability to learn and efficiently navigate computerized work order maintenance programs, and utilize 2-way radio.
ACD telephone system, and Word and Excel files to effectively and efficiently process and retrieve needed information in a timely and accurate manner. Capable of handling high call volumes in emergency situations while keeping in line with Department’s policies and procedures.
Accurately and comprehensively create and dispatch computerized work orders. Ability to focus on live data updates and logically schedule representatives to immediate service calls involving patient care. Should be able to learn and recall the locations of various areas and departments throughout the medical center.
Displays excellent communication and customer service skills, good follow-up skills, and is capable of working all shifts. Utilizes proper telephone etiquette when assisting customers, triaging calls, and providing information while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- High School Graduate required. Two years of College coursework/degree with courses in business, accounting, computer operation, and applications preferred.
- One to two years of experience in a call center or as a dispatcher.
- Ability to type proficiently (45-60 WPM). Ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of working knowledge of Windows or a comparable system (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills).
- Must additionally possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, E-mail browsers, and online reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization, functions, policies, and procedures of the Department, the interrelationship with the larger Cedars-Sinai Health System, and the ability to apply the knowledge to the work of the office.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, prioritize and organize work, and complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
- Must pass computer proficiency assessment scores for MS Office: Word, Excel, and Editing & Proofing within the Proficient range (2.51-3.50). Education and relevant job experience will be reviewed to assess for final consideration if scores are under benchmark for proficiency.
- Must be able to perform duties in all areas of the medical center and health system.
- Must be able to perform duties in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with frequent interruptions.
Vision sufficient to work at a computer, hearing sufficient for telephone transactions. Light lifting (10 – 20 pounds) will occasionally be required. Sitting, standing, and walking to all areas on the Medical Center Campus and adjacent buildings.
Must be able to lift and put away office supply shipments as they are received such as cartons of paper, boxes of files, and other miscellaneous supplies utilized to ensure efficient productivity. Must be able to sit or stand in one spot the majority of the working hours. Adheres to all Hospital and departmental policies and procedures and complies with JCAHO and other regulatory agencies in all work performed