DC Truck Driver
|Hiring Organization||Kroger Distribution Center|
|Post Name||DC Truck Driver|
|Qualification||High School Diploma/GED Desired|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 19 To USD 21 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77029|
Safely transport goods to stores and customers of the distribution trucking company. Perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive trucks to deliver goods to stores and other customers.
- Adhere to all federal, state, corporate, and departmental safety standards.
- Inspect truck for defects before, during, and after trips; submits report indicating truck condition.
- Check the refrigeration trailer for malfunctions.
- Weigh load.
- Unload merchandise at the store.
- Pick up goods at vendor locations (backhauls) and verifies products and quantities as loaded.
- Maintain flexibility to work any shift, including weekends on a regular basis
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret graphs
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Ability to travel independently
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Valid Commercial Class A CDL driver’s license.
- Must meet all Federal Department of Transportation physical requirements of a Class A CDL driver.
- Familiarity with trucking terms and processes.
- Ability to back 53’ trailers safely into store docks or vendor locations.
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery, and/or special tools: over–the–road tractors, refrigeration units, dollies, electric or manual pallet jacks
- 1 year’s active driving experience with one year’s doubles experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- One year’s Tractor / Trailer driving experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Jobs at Kroger Logistics:
Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast to coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation, and office locations.
In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits, and room for advancement.