|Hiring Organization||LKQ Hunts Point Auto Parts|
|Post Name||Delivery Driver|
|Qualification||High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 18 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10459|
As a part of our, growth LKQ is looking for a dedicated and passionate Delivery Driver with knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry. The Delivery Driver must have six months of driving and warehouse experience with an excellent driving record.
The Delivery Driver will be responsible for operating a Company vehicle to deliver products to customers. If you like driving, growth, and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you’ll enjoy a career with us!
The Delivery Driver will also be required to manually load and unload the delivery truck, verify that all parts are loaded and unloaded, collect payments from customers, obtain signatures from receiving locations confirming the accuracy of parts received, and deliver returned items back to the branch.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous, and responsible manner.
- Physically loads the Company truck at the branch and verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest, and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination, confirms order with customer, unloads and verifies product, obtains confirmation signature and payment from the customer.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor “fill in” purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
- Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
- Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Drivers over 10,001 lbs
- Subject to DOT Procedures – driver logs, unexpired medical card, etc.
- Education and Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired. Minimum of six months of driving and warehouse operations experience. Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Driving history must meet and maintain qualifications for the Corporate safety program. Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations when/as required. Minimum 21 years of age. In addition to the above, drivers over 10,001 lbs must maintain a DOT medical card.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry desired. Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company’s warehouse and delivery methods, techniques, and procedures. Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate with customers/peers/supervisors, and proficiently use smartphones and/or tablets. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
- Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing, and ascending/descending stairs. Requires sitting for relatively long periods of time, while driving. It also requires frequent bending, climbing, movement, and lifting of up to 75 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday but on occasion may include weekends.