|Hiring Organization||Roads and Transport Authority|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering from a recognized university|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 5000 To AED 5500 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
Manage, supervise, plan and monitor technology strategy and project governance practices in close collaboration with the strategic planning department and RTA technology departments to implement the RTA technology roadmap in line with Dubai Government vision and direction, RTA business needs, and customer expectations
KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage Portfolio: Defines RTA technology portfolio roadmap and engages with senior managers to ensure the portfolio will deliver the agreed business objectives. Consolidates portfolio performance reports and Identifies issues with portfolio structure, cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realized. Notifies projects/program/change initiatives of issues and recommends and monitors corrective action
- Manage Risk: Carries out risk assessment within the strategy & project governance section, uses consistent processes for identifying potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and the impact on the RTA, and coordinates the development of countermeasures and contingency plans
- Manage Suppliers: Leads supplier selection, RfP tendering, and procurement of data management systems. Oversees and measures the fulfillment of suppliers’ contractual obligations during development stages. Uses key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and challenge supplier performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
- Enterprise Architect: Manages the creation and review of enterprise architecture strategy that meets the RTA strategic requirements. Manages the development of enterprise-wide architecture and processes that ensure that the strategic application of change is embedded in the technology management. Manages the definition of modeling standards and quality targets for and has continuing responsibility for maintaining and improving enterprise architecture models
- Innovation: Manages the provision of consultancy services and makes effective proposals for the investment of funds in research projects and supervises the work of a research function. Initiates investigation and development of innovativemethods of exploiting IT assets, to the benefit of RTA. Manages the analysis of business processes; identification of alternative solutions and assessment of feasibilities
- # Manage Programs and Projects: Is responsible for establishing, and operating a project management office (PMO) and the allocation of sufficient resources to improve PMO policies and procedures and monitor RTA technology projects to ensure effective execution of projects
- Manage Budgets & Costs: Sets negotiates, agrees, and manages all financial budgets and targets, ensuring that there is adequate funding for all IT targets and plans, especially to meet development and capacity needs. Monitors and manages IT expenditure, ensuring that all IT financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure exceed their agreed tolerances.
- Service Agreements: Maintains a catalog of technology strategy and governance department services and ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiate actions to maintain or improve levels of service
- Manage Relationships: Plays an active role in improving the interface between the RTA Agencies and IT Departments. Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services. Oversees monitoring of business-IT relationships and Initiates improvement in services, and systems when required.
- Strategy: Is responsible for developing RTA technology strategy including both technology and intelligent transport/traffic systems in coordination with RTA’s technology departments and the strategic planning department and in line with Dubai Government vision and strategy.
- Manage HR: Maintains in-depth knowledge of strategy, enterprise architecture, and project management standards and practices, and provides expert advice regarding their application. Supervise strategy, enterprise architecture, and project governance specialists, analysts, and consultancy services
- Manage Requirements Definition: Determines policy on the discovery, analysis, and documentation of requirements. Manages developing business cases and ensures compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities, and technology directions
- Manage Knowledge: Manages the delivery of technology governance, enterprise architecture, and PMO-related training material in a formal educational context to improve awareness of technology strategy and project governance practices
- Technology Governance: Develops and maintains the RTA technology governance framework and promotes the benefits that governance will bring to the business as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering from a recognized university
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high-performance standards.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering a wide variety of applications.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent strategy and project governance skills to develop and direct consultants, PMO officers, and enterprise architects
- Knowledge of the latest developments and trends in the area of data management such as DAMA
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- 7 years of experience
- Ability to initiate and direct strategy and governance projects in support of strategic and operational goals
- Knowledge in strategy practices such as Balance Score Card (BSC), PESTEL, SWOT, enterprise architecture standards such as TOGAF, and Project / Portfolio management practices
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.