Graduate Electrical Engineer
|Post Name||Graduate Electrical Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or similar degree, bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5500 To USD 6500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10005|
Join us to Shape a better world!
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors, and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design power distribution, lighting controls, grounding, and lightning protection systems with respect to buildings and infrastructure projects
- Short circuit, overcurrent coordination, load and arc flash studies
- Lighting photometric calculations
- Assign circuitry for Power and Lighting devices
- Technical report writing
- Work on projects using Revit MEP
- Contribute to the development of reports and electrical calculations
- Work with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
- Attend meetings – listen, and ask questions. Be involved in discussions with other disciplines and Architects to gain knowledge & experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or similar degree, bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstrated interest in the electrical engineering industry with an emphasis on the power side of the discipline
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing
- The attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, and eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work, and exceptional organization skills are required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
- EIT/ FE certification
- Coursework in building systems design, electrical power systems design, control systems, electric machines, and codes and standards
- Internship experience in a consulting firm with an emphasis on buildings electrical power system design
- Electrical testing
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability as evidenced by extracurricular activities, etc
- Academic research, coursework, or other experience with alternative energy systems and other technologies new to the construction industry
- Experience with Revit MEP, AGI 32, SKM Power Tools
- Experience with automation or machine learning
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline situation
- Evidence of teamwork and leadership such as professional accomplishment or honor society
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our Electrical, Electrical Commissioning office include:
- Little Island, NY
- Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto
- TTC Subway Stations (Vaughan Metropolitan Centre & York University), Toronto
Benefits that Work -
At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal.
Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to a 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working -
We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the well-being of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other status protected by law.