Analyst, Energy Market Development
|Hiring Organization||ENGIE North America|
|Post Name||Analyst, Energy Market Development|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77056|
ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower-carbon energy economy to preserve the world’s natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
The Analyst will assist in the origination and development of early to mid-stage projects for ENGIE Distributed Solar and Storage portfolio across the United States. This individual will support new and existing development partnerships for standalone solar, standalone storage, and solar + storage projects.
They will collaborate with project developers to identify suitable sites, zoning, permitting and negotiating commercial contracts as well as forge relationships with landowners, community leaders, utilities, and environmental organizations.
They will also drive new greenfield portfolio development and support M&A opportunities. An ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills and an aptitude for juggling a variety of simultaneous tasks, all while demonstrating a positive and professional attitude.
This position can sit in Houston, TX, Oakland CA, and Chicago, IL, and will report to the Director of Business Development. This position is open to a hybrid schedule of both in-office and work-from-home days.
What you’ll do:
- Support existing development activities of standalone solar, standalone storage, and solar + storage throughout the development life cycle from feasibility to the start of construction
- Drive greenfield development in new and existing markets by coordinating with key internal and external subject matter experts to conduct diligence on early to mid-stage standalone solar, standalone storage, and solar + storage projects
- Identify new markets and programs, as well as the structure and develop business models, provide techno-economic analysis collaborate with internal teams
- Support responses to RFPs and engage in power marketing efforts
- Work with the Development team to pursue and meet submittal deadlines for deliverables
- Early-stage project goal setting; maintains schedules and deadlines
- Ensure that ENGIE is following internal pre-contract project procedures
- Responsible for data management of client and project data in ENGIES’s CRM
- Assist Project Developers with evaluating suitable sites, defining and managing project development schedules and zoning/permitting processes
- Engage with landowners, community leaders, and environmental organizations to provide information throughout the development process
- Support and assist review and investment committee processes
- Assist with other development tasks as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, or a related field preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in business development, business consulting, project development, engineering, or related experience; preferably in renewable energy
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively individually as well as with a team
- General understanding of renewable energy market trends and the resulting impacts on solar and storage project development
- Results-oriented professional with the ability to work independently within a large matrixed organization while effectively interfacing with the various cross-functional employee groups.
- Self-motivated with the excellent problem-solving ability and strong analytical skills while being able to work effectively individually and as a team
- Ability to thrive in a quickly changing environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences, including landowners, potential off-takers, government officials, and corporate leaders
- Understanding of financial models and basic financial principles
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; CRM tools a plus
- Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be available to travel up to 20% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips
- Ability to meet the highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Ability to travel to conduct site visits
- Ability to sit for long periods of time; most of the work for this position will be at a desk
- Could involve some lifting
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community.
So ENGIE is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation.
Marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.