|Hiring Organization||Brown and Caldwell|
|Post Name||Project Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5500 To USD 6500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10018|
Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering firm, has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level project engineer (6+ years experience) to join our New York City office to provide engineering support and large-scale task management for our project managers and manage small projects/task orders of your own.
We are seeking a motivated, achievement-oriented individual who can accept increasing levels of design support and management responsibilities and help us fulfill our commitment to deliver client success on each and every project we undertake.
You will work with and be mentored by nationally recognized, senior technical and project management staff. The ideal candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized, and be capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Perform engineering work in various engineering fields with an emphasis on wastewater and water treatment process mechanical design and design services during construction.
- Lead engineering evaluations, execute design calculations and prepare reports, plans, and specifications with the support of senior-level engineering staff
- Construction administration, including shop, drawing reviews, and RFI responses, and lead the development of construction change orders.
- Lead administrative and project management-related tasks for various engineering design projects, including management of sub-consultants
- Interface directly with Clients and third-party construction managers, present engineering findings
- Support environmental studies, permitting, and alternative analyses
- Perform field activities such as site investigations
- Data collection, manipulation, analysis, and documentation
- Supervise, delegate and manage the work of technical staff and junior engineers
- Assist with business development pursuits writing technical proposals and assisting with budgeting. Lead project pursuits of small and moderate size
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical) required. MS degree in (Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical) Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of professional work experience in the design and/or design services during the construction of water/wastewater treatment plants and conveyance systems. Experience with construction administration and project management experience of designed systems is preferred.
- Professional in Engineering (PE) in New York or ability to obtain NY PE through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
- Candidate must have strong verbal/written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Teams, Outlook). Understanding of Autodesk Revit software.
- Ability to walk slowly around a field site of varying size that may have areas of tall plant growth, uneven, muddy, and/or rocky ground to perform inspections and take photographs.
- Ability to work for short periods of time in extreme temperatures including heat and cold.
- Ability to wear required safety equipment at sites including hard hats, steel-toed boots (or other approved toe protection), etc.
- Ability to stand for several hours observing and working within roadway traffic control zones
- Ability to operate a personal vehicle or BC Pickup Truck to commute to job sites and to access work areas on site
- Ability to remain alert and vigilant while working in urban environments and be able to walk swiftly for a short distance to clear an area where a potential hazard is identified.
- Ability to climb stairs (10+ flights) or ladders (up to 24 feet typically) to access structures for visual inspection, multiple times a day.
- Ability to lift objects on job sites less than 30 pounds
Benefits and Other Compensation:
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and an employee assistance program.
Paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance, and long-term care insurance.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Brown, and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,800 professionals across North America and the Pacific.
For 75 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future.
Who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third-Party Agencies:
Brown and Caldwell do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event, that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.