Entry Level Accounting Analyst
|Hiring Organization||Olin Corporation|
|Post Name||Entry Level Accounting Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77094|
BRANCH out of the classroom and GROW through hands-on experience.
You’ve learned a lot during your college career – it’s time to turn that knowledge into real-world experience.
Olin is proud of the robust college program we have built and our ability to grow talent from within. Many of our interns/co-ops return semester after semester and join full-time after graduation. A career at Olin means more than a traditional career path; it is the opportunity to explore each of our industry-leading divisions, departments, and desirable locations. We cultivate diverse experiences and career-building opportunities uniquely designed to help you flourish in your role or career.
Join Olin’s previous college recruits who have grown with us to become plant leaders, supply chain directors, and commercial gurus. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, is seeking an Accounting Analyst. This position will be located at the Houston, Texas office site. Additional locations include Charleston, Tennessee.
Let’s connect and discover how you can Grow with Olin.
Examples of Daily Activities:
- Performs general accounting activities requiring some insight and depth of understanding.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Specifics of the job content will vary to include preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, balance sheet review and analysis, reporting, and other tasks as required for SG&A and supply chain control areas.
- Works closely with supply chain and SG&A leadership providing key reporting and ad hoc analysis; may support other stakeholders as assigned.
- Reviews and analyzes cost center spending; provides detailed commentary on variances to leadership.
- Manages stakeholder and internal customer relationships; partners with stakeholders to analyze data and provide sound financial recommendations based on well-established principles and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree*; Finance, Accounting, or related discipline strongly preferred. Master’s Degree preferred. The degree must be completed by May
- Must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (documentation required). Cumulative GPA on current institution transcript will be used in transfer college situations.
- Prior related internship or related work experience up to 2 years post-graduate; industrial or manufacturing environments preferred; chemical environments strongly preferred.
- Preferred background experience to include GAAP and SOX policies and procedures, general ledger systems, and auditing practices.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office Products experience required; SAP or other Enterprise systems experience preferred.
- Geographic flexibility is preferred.
Who we are:
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing.
Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyl, and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
- The degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or an equivalent program from an international university.
- Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.