Entry Level Environmental Engineer
|Hiring Organization||Brown and Caldwell|
|Post Name||Entry Level Environmental Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5500 To USD 6500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10018|
Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering firm, has an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Engineer to join our New York City office to provide engineering support on water/wastewater projects of various sizes in and around NYC.
We are seeking a motivated, achievement-oriented individual who can accept increasing levels of design support and management responsibilities and help us fulfill our commitment to deliver client success on each and every project we undertake.
You will work with and be mentored by nationally recognized, senior technical and project management staff. The ideal candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized, and be capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Perform engineering work in various engineering fields with an emphasis on water/wastewater
- Conduct engineering evaluations, execute design calculations, and conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to pumping systems and water/wastewater treatments systems under the guidance of senior engineering staff
- Work on engineering designs, preparing reports, construction plans, specifications, calculations, equipment selection, and cost estimates for various projects
- Assist with project management-related tasks for various engineering design projects
- Perform data collection, manipulation, analysis, and documentation
- Develop an understanding of regulatory and permitting requirements, and assist with the development of permitting plans and applications
- Work as part of a team to successfully deliver assignments on time and on budget
- Duties may also include field activities such as site investigations, and checking performance or conformity with plans and specifications through field inspection and testing
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical) required. MS degree in (Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical) Engineering preferred
- Coursework or professional experience in the study, design, and/or construction administration of water and/or wastewater facilities.
- Candidate must have strong verbal/written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Should be versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting Engineering Services
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Teams, Outlook). Understanding of Autodesk Revit software.
- Ability to walk slowly around a field site of varying size that may have areas of tall plant growth, uneven, muddy, and/or rocky ground to perform inspections and take photographs.
- Ability to work for short periods of time in extreme temperatures including heat and cold.
- Ability to wear required safety equipment at sites including hard hats, steel-toed boots (or other approved toe protection), etc.
- Ability to stand for several hours observing and working within roadway traffic control zones
- Ability to operate a personal vehicle or BC Pickup Truck to commute to job sites and to access work areas on site
- Ability to remain alert and vigilant while working in urban environments and be able to walk swiftly for a short distance to clear an area where a potential hazard is identified.
- Ability to climb stairs (10+ flights) or ladders (up to 24 feet typically) to access structures for visual inspection, multiple times a day.
- Ability to lift objects on job sites less than 30 pounds