Urgent Farm Manager Jobs in the United States 2022
|Hiring Organization||Elizabeth Baptist Church|
|Post Name||Farm Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 40 Per Hour|
||Atlanta, Georgia, United States 30331|
The Farm Manager (FM) has the primary responsibility to maintain the continuous availability of fresh produce for families.
The FM will plan and manage all aspects of the EBC food production including growing organic vegetables, fruits, and herbs; managing farm staff and volunteers; coordinating food distribution.
This position requires a strong, practical knowledge of regenerative agricultural practices and farm management, and a passionate commitment to providing food for people experiencing food insecurity.
- Supervised farm staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Coordination with EBC staff and its advisory team for reporting progress and delivering service to the targeted community.
- Produce annual field plans.
- Maintain standards of production to ensure the highest quality of products.
- Maintain farm infrastructure and landscape with the help of interns and volunteers.
- Seed ordering and material acquisition.
- Planning and implementation of weekly planting schedule.
- Insect and weed control, fertility monitoring, and general field observation.
- Cultivation activities.
- Irrigation planning and implementation.
- The soil building program includes composting.
- Plan weekly harvest schedule, harvest, and delivery of products.
- Planning for long-term development and interaction with other EBC programs.
- Must be able to work in the field and do hard repetitive physical work.
- Some evening or special event hours may be required.
- Current driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Skilled in driving a truck and operating farm equipment.
- Good interpersonal.
- Experience working in a team environment with proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated good organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Minimum two years of experience in full-season management.
- Demonstrated farm planning experience and working knowledge of farm infrastructure.
- Experience in growing using natural, organic, and regenerative principles.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Demonstrated good communication skills.
- Ability to repeatedly, and bend, stoop and stand for an extended time.
- Self-motivated, cooperative, and flexible.
- Responsibly manage administrative and record-keeping tasks related to running the farm business and the overall success of the organization.